Call For Applications: Womens Hockey Coaching Staff for the 25th Winter Universiade
What: 25th Universiade in Erzurum, Turkey
When: January 23rd to February 7, 2011
(Exact dates travel dates to be confirmed)
Team staff should be prepared to attend the Universiade. In addition, the coaches will be expected to maintain regular contact with members of the team and staff between September and the January event.
Who: The CIS will be sending a team of 20 players, 5/6 staff (Head Coach, Two Assistant Coaches, Video Coach, Therapist and Equipment Manager). Video Coach role to be confirmed in October/November.
Funding: This opportunity is a self-funded event and, although efforts are underway to seek sponsorship, this is not guaranteed. Administration and organization of the trip will be facilitated through CIS International Programs Services. Coaches can apply for assistance through the CAC.
Positions Available: The Head Coach position has been filled separately. There are four/five (4/5) additional staff positions to be filled for the team: 2 Assistant Coaches, 1 Video Coach (to be determined), 1 Equipment Manager and 1 Therapist.
Assistant Coaches and Video Coach
a) Previous experience as a CIS hockey coach.
b) Previous head coaching experience at the post-secondary level.
c) NCCP level 3 coaching certification and Advance I (or higher).
d) Bilingual (preferred).
e) Experience with Video (for video coach)
Applicants must provide the following information to Karen
Hughes CIS Coach’s Association by Friday, July 30th, 2010
2. Mailing address
4. Email address
5. Office Phone
6. Home Phone
7. Cell Phone
8. A cover letter describing the coaching philosophy you may employ in participating in this FISU Games Team
9. Resume outlining the following:
a. CIS Coaching Experience
b. Provincial or National Coaching Experience
c. International Coaching Experience
d. Coaching Awards
e. NCCP Coaching Certification
f. Other National Association Coaching Certification
g. Video Coach - experience with editing and using video (please describe)
10. Written endorsement of your institute’s Athletic Director
Applicants for this position:
1. Must be committed to providing a positive international sporting experience for the athletes of Team Canada.
2. Must be an active women’s hockey coach at a CIS institution.
3. Must be able and willing to pay the full costs of participation, including preparatory events and camps. Total cost is estimated at $4000 (to be determined).
4. Must be available to participate at the Universiade.
5. Must be willing to participate in event organization, including liaising with Team Canada players prior to the event to ensure that they are properly prepared for the Universiade.
Applicants must submit all required information by July 30th, 2010 via e-mail to:
CIS Coaching Association