Universiades and World University Championship Eligibility Rules for Athletes
All competitors must satisfy the following conditions:
1. Be a Canadian citizen.
a. Citizenship must be authorized by a valid Canadian passport.
2. Be at least 17 and less than 28 years of age as of January 1st in the year of the event.
3. For the sport of Basketball – be at least 17 and less than 25 years of age as of January 1st in the year of the event.
4. Be a student who is registered for and pursuing a full
programme of study leading towards a degree or diploma at a
a. status must be authorized by a document from the registrar of the institution.
b. Post-secondary institutions include community colleges, professional schools, technical schools, C.E.G.E.P., and universities, in Canada or outside of Canada.
c. or Be a former student who has graduated from a post-secondary institution as a student in good standing, in the year preceding the event.
*Graduation must be authorized by a document from the registrar of the institution.
- Academic Eligibility Form (PDF 390 Kb)
- Information Package & Forms (PDF)